What is Designing in Print Media?
- It is a process which involves from taking instructions from a client
- Making scribble according to the thinking of the designer
- Getting approval from client
- Building the design which should be satisfying to the client
- Getting his approval before sending it for print
What software is used to design the jobs?
It varies according to the type of job.
- If it is an image editing, it will be done on Photoshop
- If it is a vector designs, it will be done in Illustrator
- If it is a job involving vector designs, with page layouts, it will be done in CorelDraw
- If the job involves high-resolution printing with all elements, it will be done in InDesign
- And so on…
Who should be available for a printing process to happen?
The printing process involves various stages, it starts from the time design is finalized.
- The Machine must be available to print
- To set uniform colour while printing any type of job, the operator must be available
- The paper must be available
- The colours for the machine must be available
- For finishing the job after it gets printed, the people must be available
What are the process involved while printing a job in offset?
- After the job is designed, it will be taken for pre-press stage which involves making the plates for printing
- Respective colour for printing must be filled into the printer
- Correct plates must be mounted to the printer
- Setting for colour calibration must be done in the printer
- Paper must be cut to the required size for the printer
- Printing speed must be set according to the type of job which is getting printed
- While printing, the colour calibration must be made to keep uniform printing to happen
- After the job is printed it will be taken to the finishing section, where it will undergo various stages before getting delivered to the client
What are the process involved while printing a job in screen?
- After printing the job, final will be given in 2 types, a tracing sheet or even positives
- It will be kept in the exposing box to expose the content to a screen, which is a wooden frame with a type of cloth pinned to it
- After expositing the content on screen, it will be mounted to the screen printing table
- Paper required for printing will be made ready
- Colour will be smeared on the screen, after keeping paper below the screen
- A squeezer will be used, to print the content from screen to paper
- It will be taken to finishing section for next process to happen
What types of printing are available in market today?
- Screen Printing
- Letter Press Printing
- Foil Printing
- Offset Printing
- Web Offset Printing (Newspapers)
- Solvent Printing
- Spot UV Printing